My favorite book that I read last trimester was John Dies at the End by Jason Pargin. I really enjoyed this amazing piece of literature because it had all the essential elements needed for a great story. It was exciting, sparking my curiosity from the beginning as I read the title. It had very convincing characters, such as David and John who were bored with their lives until they were introduced to a new street drug, Soy Sauce, that changed them forever. Overall, I loved it because it was hilarious for not only what ridiculous things that happened, but also the way the author described everything. His tone was very apathetic, just like David, and it really helped you get inside David's head to see the world from his point of view. I would rate this book a 5/5 stars and it has become my favorite book of all time. Also, there is a movie version that is also very funny, but I believe the book is infinitely better and would definitely recommend reading the book before watching the movie.
This book sounds really interesting. I would really like to read it sometime. Like you said, the title itself sparks my interest. I really like it when you can really get inside a characters head and get to know them on a really personal basis. Thank you for this wonderful recommendation.
ReplyDeleteThis book sounds great and interesting. The title itself is interesting. Does the title reveal a key part of the book? This book would add on to the variety of genres I read. Thank you for this wonderful review!
ReplyDeleteI am interested in learning more about this book and I can't wait to read it. Im am wondering how the author can spoil the ending yet still keep the reader active and engaged. Great review Brendan.
ReplyDeleteBrendan, sometimes i have trouble trying new types of books that i am not used too so what type of people do you think might like this book
ReplyDeleteDear Mr. McHugh,
ReplyDeleteI am a proud lover of soy sauce as well, and I can relate to this book because they get interested in a new drug called "Soy Sauce". With my personal experiences I have loved putting soy sauce on my rice and asian food. Great summary and I would love to read more about the soy sauce.
-Stuart Glynn Anderson Sones
The title of this book really makes me curious as to how the story really does end. The story does sound ridiculous from how you describe it and I never knew soy sauce was a street drug. I might give this book a try, it sounds very interesting.
ReplyDelete