Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Jason Pargin Author

     I thought that  I would take a break from talking about the book briefly and tell you guys about the writer of the book I am currently reading, John Dies at the End. His name is real name is Jason Pargin, but he writes under a pseudonym, David Wong (just like the main character of the book.) However, the character is not based off himself. He was born in 1975, making him 38 years old. He is a humor writer and has written 2 books in a series: JDatE (John Dies at the End) and This Book is Full of Spiders. He is also the senior editor and columnist for Cracked.com, a website dedicated to posting humorous articles.


Jason Pargin a.k.a David Wong
      The funny thing is that he actually grew up in Illinois, but his pen name, Wong, is a very common Chinese last name. Jason writes as Wong because he wanted to keep his blogging and personal life separate, however know because he has become famous, it only takes a Wikipedia search to find his true identity. JDatE was originally written as a web series for his old website, "Pointless Waste of Time.com", in 2001 and slowly transformed into a novel in 2007. The book has also been adapted into a movie by director Don Coscarelli, but like most books made into movies, it is not as humorous nor entertaining as the writing. The writing style of this author is very humorous and dark. A lot of the comedy comes is black comedy and comes from the main character's always paranoid thoughts. I am a fan of this author now because of this book and will probably read the sequel to this book when I am finished with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment