Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Why I Chose To Read JDATE

     I was browsing Netflix a couple of months ago when I came across a movie with the same title of this book. The title made me laugh, so I read the bio on it and it was interesting and sparked my curiosity. I watched it and I was out of breath from laughing so hard. After I finished watching the film, I googled the John Dies At The End and found out it was a novel before a film. So, I got my mum to buy it off of the Apple Store so I would have something enjoyable to read for class. Usually, in other LA classes, I end up reading a novel I do not like and I am bored of it. However, this book is always making me laugh and read on.

     I have read about 500 pages on my iPod and there is about 1,000 of them total. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that you actually read slower on a computer than you do on a paper copy, but I should still try to read more. The story is still very weird and now John is dead and talking to Dave telepathically through a bratwurst. Basically, there is never a point in the story where it gets boring and that is why I love it.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting book, I should take a look into this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ill go and watch this on netflix when i get home and if i like it i might go read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am reading John Dies at the End, and I find it very enlightening. It has really opened my mind up to a new side of literature, one that is not so serious and boring. It is quite the entertaining novel, and when reading it I often find myself giggling like a little school girl. I hope this blog post inspires many more members of society to read this juicy novel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might read this book now that you describe it.

    ReplyDelete