Thursday, March 20, 2014

Fahrenheit 451

     I have just gotten a new book called Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk. I really enjoyed the movie when I saw it last year. I've seen it many times afterwards and believe it to be one of the best movies of infinite existence. From reading about it online, I also learned that the book (like most) is funnier, more sarcastic, more violent, and way better than the movie, though the film was still amazing. So I snatched a copy at Barnes & Noble to snuggle up in a blanket and feel the warm glow of the fireplace on my little toesies while I smoked the most elegant of pipes in the most elegant of manners. However, I have had to start reading another book titled Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury at the same time. I very much dislike reading multiple novels at once because I get confused and tend to mix up the plot and characters between the stories. So, I have not read a single word of Fight Club yet which means the only thing I have to blog about is the book we are reading for class.

     Fahrenheit 451 is a gold mine. It speaks miles of truth about society and the government in such a clever way.

4 comments:

  1. I like I I like how you compared the book to the movie. This helps us as blog readers preview what the movie might look like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah I like how you have a paragraph explaining another book, and then two sentences on the actual book you're blogging about! Your voice comes out really well, and it makes your post enjoyable to read. I agree with you that Fahrenheit 451 is a valuable and insightful book, even though it seems a little boring to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to only read one book at once also. I used to read 2 or 3 books at once when I was little and it's hard to keep track of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that you will like the book more than the movie because the books are more descriptive and usually people like the book better.

    ReplyDelete