I have just began a book titled Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk. This great read has won 2 awards for its fabulousness and has been turned into an academy award winning film. I heard about the movie first, about a year or so ago, and my parents told me I shouldn't watch it. So I finished the movie and loved it. It is definitely one of my favs now up there with Office Space (Dog, check it out). I then learned that it was a novel before a movie after watching it a second time, and figured I'd check that out. Then, I didn't do that. But now I am doing that! So yeah. Cool.
I am only at the beginning and I am already greeaaatly pleased with my decision. Palahniuk has a very unique and amazing writer style. In this book, the tone is very dark and a little twisted. I kind of like that because it is almost never boring and very descriptive. He also uses very gruesome word choices instead of regular words to add some spice to the pages. I predict that when he is describing the fight scenes in their basement later, I'll want to throw up. But I won't, because I'm a man. A lot of times when I start to read a book, I never actually finish it unless I really, really enjoy it. Unless I really want to know how the book ends, I'll just put it down and eat some Cheerios. Now I already know how it ends, even though the book has some differences than the movie, but I have a feeling I am going to read this from start to finish because of the incredible author and how different from other books this one is.
By the way, I just figured out that the author has decided to make a sequel in graphic novel format. So if you're into that kind of stuff, you should check that out as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment